BEING A GREAT AVON MENTOR
EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT BEING A GREAT AVON MENTOR
Being a great Avon Mentor means you get to partner with new Representatives who will look to you for support, inspiration and motivation as they launch their business. A Mentor can be a Sales Leader, District Sales Manager, or a Representative, anyone who recruits a New Representative.
If a new Representative recruits a friend, it is appropriate for that new Representative’s Mentor to step in and demonstrate how to mentor. A District Sales Manager can also be a resource to support the training Mentoring can go from a partner to partner experience to an entire team support system. This go-to guide is designed to take you through some of the tips and techniques of successful mentoring.
The key to a strong team is building solid relationships with individual team members. Understanding their passions and motivation – their WHY – for starting their Avon business is key to supporting and guiding to success
When a team member looks to you for help, be ready to brainstorm and help guide her to the training tools that will help her succeed.
CELEBRATE EVERY SUCCESS
When a team member looks to you for help, be ready to brainstorm and help guide her to the training tools that will help her succeed.
Now, that you have the basics, here are the keys to being a great Avon Mentor. We’ve provided all the details so this is easy as 1-2-3.
1 – Connect and Engage others to do what you do
2 – Coaching to Grow Their Business
3 – Teach Others to do What You do
1 – Connect and Engage. To help you with this kickoff communication, Avon has created an entire plan that includes the emails we send to new Representatives, and additional information she should hear from you. You can access the following helpful support on the New Rep Center:
- Complete communication from the Avon home office to new Representatives
- Suggestions for what you can say as a mentor – and how to say it: – Readymade templates for both SMS and email – Suggested timing of all communications
We encourage you to give her a call as soon as she’s enrolled (within 24 hours) and schedule a Get Together to review her Getting Started Guide and Avon Starter Kit. Here are some things to cover:
- Talk about her WHY
- Create her Contact List
- Review her KickStart Program
- Set goals
- Teach her how to use her Starter Kit
- Reinforce how to sell and network
New Representatives can find helpful tools to boost their skills on each of these topics. During your first connection, get online and help her navigate these training tools.
2 – Coaching to Grow Their Business. Why is coaching so important? – It’s all about building relationships through a one-on-one connection – It helps keep goals clear and team members accountable for making them happen. – You’re there to guide, redirect and cheerlead, as needed. Pay attention to questions and concerns.
- How often do I coach? Schedule a Mentor coaching call weekly (first 4 weeks, then as often as needed). Calls could be as short as 15 minutes and should be fun and all about strengthening your relationship. Before your call:
Check her sales and recruiting numbers – See campaign and KickStart results on YourAvon.com >Downline Manager for Sales Leaders and Sales Management Online>District Manager Online for District Sales Managers Set up calls on the same day and time of the week.
- Take notes on every call so that you can refer back to them.
- Ask for permission before you give feedback. Always start with a compliment/something positive.
- Coaching on your call: The outline below will help make your calls easy and effective.
- Review results from last week’s goal, recognize accomplishments (big or small) and something she learned from the experience.
- Talk about goals for the coming week – Does she have all the resources she needs, or does she need some specific training or guidance?
- What sales/training activities will she be doing to help her meet her goal? – The Onboarding program is set up for just in time training that provides bite-size pieces so it feels achievable. No need to overwhelm her with all the info all at once – Her goal is to achieve the KickStart program. Your goal is to help her understand the need to secure more customers, get referrals, increase customers she serves each campaign and provide great service to all her customers – Take a look at the Income Producing Activities training piece at YourAvon.com for some suggested activities.
- What do coaches do? – Ask open-ended questions – Listen A LOT. Follow the 80/20 rule (80% listening, 20% talking) – Support, encourage and inspire to achieve goals, and create new ones.
- Confirm day and time for next call and share your excitement about next week’s update
3 – Teach Others to do What You do. People who are great at mentoring others have certain skills in common. Here are some:
- Communicating, Training, and Influencing Your Team.
- Get together in person or on Skype/video chat with your new Representative.
- Set up a Team Page on Facebook and post: – Positive thoughts – Congratulatory call outs to Representatives with high sales and recruiting – Recognition and shout outs for milestone victories – Links to training Hold a group training with your team member and her new Representative – Use this Mentor Guide and the recorded Train the Trainer webcast available on YourAvon.com.
- Send a personalized text or email to motivate and congratulate.
- Brainstorm with your own Mentor to share ideas, tools and new ways you can influence and recognize your team – Use your reports to understand, analyze and help plan the success of your team’s business. By looking at real numbers, you can quickly track real accomplishments and monitor activity to better support team members.
Remember, mentors are there for guidance, but you don’t have to have all the answers, you just have to be willing to share what you know and inspire others with your own unique knowledge and experience. You have all the support you will need right at your fingertips. For information on specific topics and questions; i.e. credit, returns, complete 90 day training and more – go to YourAvon.com.
“We all need someone who can inspire us to do better than we know how.” – Anonymous
Learn More About becoming an AVON Independent Sales Representative and Mentor at http://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/opportunity
It takes just 5 minutes to sign up! Fill out a registration form and choose your tools to set up your online business immediately. Just $25 gets you started and makes you an official Avon Independent Sales Representative.
Sign up NOW to Sell AVON at http://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/opportunity/start
Use reference code SPAPAIAN
AVON, THIS IS THE COMPANY that puts mascara on lashes and food on the tables. That fights wrinkles with one hand and Breast Cancer with the other. That knows the value of a perfect lip, but still opens its mouth and speaks out against Domestic Violence and for women’s financial independence. This is the company that not only brings beauty to doors, but also opens them. The company that supports more than 6 million Representatives in over 100 countries. This is Avon. The company that for more than 125 years has stood for beauty, innovation, optimism and above all for women.
Inspired by Avon’s Products and Mission to Empower Women? Why Not Join Our Avon Team?
To shop my e-store, please visit https://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/
There are three ways to Shop Avon Online:
All orders $40 and up will always receive FREE Shipping! Shop Avon online at https://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/ and receive FREE shipping on all orders placed that are $40 or more. All orders under $40, shipping is only $5.95.
Avon Coupon Codes– For the most current Avon Coupon Codes to receive FREE gifts, shipping and discounts with your online purchase, visit http://shirlsglitznglam.com/avon-coupon-codes/
View Avon Brochures Online:
- Avon 2017 Brochures
- mark. 2017 Magalogs
- Avon 2017 Outlet
- Avon 2017 Flyers
- Avon Living 2017
- Avon 2017 What’s New Catalogs
Shirl Papaian Avon Independent Sales Representative
951-805-1017 Fax 951-654-0783
Follow Shirl Papaian & Glitz & Glam on Social Media
- Blog– http://shirlsglitznglam.com/
- Facebook– https://www.facebook.com/ShirlsPlaceBeauty
- Twitter– @AvonShirl
- Pinterest– https://www.pinterest.com/AvonRepShirl/
- Google+- https://plus.google.com/112018532465021743610/posts
- Tumblr– https://www.shirlsglitzglamavon.tumblr.com
- You Tube– https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxpFFj186TwfIsRdiyF0JcQ
- Instagram– https://instagram.com/shirls_glitz_n_glam/
Avon Representative Tips
- All Aboard with Onboarding
- Avon Advantage Benefits
- Avon Flexible Ordering
- Avon Fundraising
- Avon’s President’s Club
- Avon Selling and Recruiting Tips Videos
- Avon Team Shine Recognition 2017
- Ways to Grow Your Avon Business
- Avon What’s New 2017 Catalogs
- Being A Great Avon Mentor
- Create An Avon Facebook Page
- Cultivate Your Avon Business
- Current Avon Representative Incentives
- Facebook Business Page Tips
- Grow Your Avon Business
- How to Convert Alma Leads
- Sell and Earn with Avon
- Sending the Avon Brochure Via Email
- Starting My Avon Business
- Tips for Blog Posts
- Using Hash Tags
- Your Avon Brochures as a Business Tool
Learn More about Shirl Papaian
Avon National Sales Leader/Recruiter/Mentor
I was born and raised in Southern California. I grew up in Anaheim, CA, spent 13 years in mountains of Idyllwild and then eventually moved to the Hemet/San Jacinto Valley where I now reside. I began working at the age of 15 but I have actually only had a handful of jobs in my lifetime; Fast food manager, extruder operator, restaurant owner, fire fighter and now district manager for a private fire prevention company and media/ marketing for an off road racing company. I also own a home based computer service/repair company and an off road media/marketing company. I hold an AS degree in Fire Science from Mt San Jacinto College where I graduated with honors of distinction.
How I became an Avon Representative
I decided to become an Avon Representative in 2014. My sister-in-law was a representative but only for her own discount. My daughter had sold for a short time but it just wasn’t her thing.
I had always thought about becoming an Avon Rep, but it was always just a thought. I remember my mom buying Avon when I was very young and was always mesmerized at all the products and how the Avon lady always looked so beautiful and polished. Of course I loved the lipstick bullets!
My friend Leslie who was a representative as well was always sharing Avon deals and the opportunity on Facebook. One day she posted about joining her team and becoming an Avon Rep; I just decided right then and there to do it. I had no plan or specific reason. Remember, I was already working a full time job on top of my own businesses. As I started selling, I realized that I was actually having fun and felt accomplished at how well I was doing; I was only doing Avon part time in the evenings and weekends. I decided I wanted to get serious and actually be successful!
For the remainder of that first year I concentrated on learning as much as I could about the business; learning most everything on my own. Then in 2015 I devoted every extra dollar and minute I had to my Avon Business. I grew my customer base slowly but surely and over time my customer base and sales consistently increased. I even started my leadership journey at the encouragement of Emily Seagren who was Leslie’s upline.
I studied and learned everything I could from Emily and through her’s and Leslie’s mentorship I am where I am today. In January of 2017 the opportunity to purchase Leslie’s Avon team was presented to me. Not one to pass up a great offer I took it! Emily Seagren is now my upline, my team has more than tripled and I am now a Gold Leader!
My Accomplishments with Avon
I sell at the Honor Society Level (over $20,000 annually) and am a Gold Leader with over 260 team members nationwide.
- Awarded on stage at the 2015 Avon PRP Gala Luncheon for the highest online sales in her district
- Earning President’s Club Level
- Other various incentives.
- Advanced from Ambassador to Silver Ambassador and to Gold Ambassador
- Became a DSWA Certified ELITE Leader
- Completed the Avon Pilot Coaching Program.
- Earned almost $2,000 in Avon bonuses in the “Journey to Gold Incentive”
- Earned a Champion Blender by being #59 out of 400 Avon Ambassadors in the “Ignite Your Avon Torch” incentive.
- Won all three awards in the “One Team, One Dream” incentive.
- Team sales were more than $92,000.
- Team’s sales growth was 365%.
- Awarded on stage at the Annual PC Gala Luncheon for 2016 for #1 in her District for Sales Growth, #4 in Sales Volume and #2 in online sales.
- Earning Honor Society Level.
- Honored with the prestigious Spirit of Avon Award.
- Earned Level 1 of the Sparkle Like a Boss incentive
- $440 in the All Aboard Onboarding incentive.
- Earned an Avon Speaker, 2 Avon Notebook Sets, 4 $50 Gift Cards, a $25 Gift Card, a 7-Piece Cookware Set, an Avon Water Bottle, Free registration for RepFest, an Avon Umbrella, a Ninja Coffee Bar and a Luxury Wristlet in the Ticket to Boss Life incentive.
- Participated in the Avon 39 Walk in Chicago, IL
- Earned an all-expenses paid trip to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas
- Earned all three levels including a pink cowgirl hat, Go Country, Win Big RepFest VIP Party (Invitation Only) and her Hotel stay at RepFest for FREE in Go Country-Go Big!
- Earned over $5000 in additional leadership bonuses.
- Earned the Boss Life Workshop incentive which included business cards and holder.
- Advanced in title to Bronze Leader, Silver Leader and now am Gold Leader.
- Recognized on stage for being #11 in the NATION for team growth at Repfest 2017 in Nashville, TN this August.
- Team Sales for the 2017 Sales Cycle were $322,216.
- Attended the Leadership Kickoff at Paradise Point Resort in San Diego, CA.
- Earned an all-expenses paid cruise to Bermuda in the Cruise Like a Boss Incentive.
- Earned a beauty case, tote and carry-on luggage in the Cruise Like a Boss Incentive.
I met my goals for 2017 which were to earn the title of “Gold Leader” and make “Honor Society” again.
My goals for 2018 are to earn the title of “Bronze Executive Leader” and make “Honor Society” again in 2018. My long term goal is to retire and Avon continue to be my major source of income. I hope to accomplish this by the end of 2020.
Have you been thinking about joining Avon? Are you looking for a way to earn an income yet work from home? Just not sure about how Avon can help you? Maybe my story can help you make that decision. After all, I had no plans or intentions on joining Avon or any other direct selling company when I started. I know that it was the BEST decision I ever made and it can be for you too!
I hope my story encourages you to make the decision to join Avon. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via email email@example.com or by calling/texting 951-805-1017.
To join my amazing team of Avon Representatives now and start your amazing journey with Avon, please visit http://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/opportunity/start. Be sure if prompted to use reference code SPAPAIAN.