Tips for Blog Posts
How do I get my blog post to rank higher on Google and other search engines? One of the most common questions about blogging. Here are some important tips for blog posts that I have learned in my time blogging. I either learned them from Emily Seagren’s training at www.MakeupMarketingOnline.com or just by trial and error and doing. All of this info is for those using WordPress as that is the platform I use and have only used.
Tips for Blog Posts
- I recommend self hosting your blog in place of using the free blogs out there. Why? Because with the free site you are extremely limited on plugins which extremely limit what you can do with your blog. You can still use, for instance, WordPress for your blog but find another place to host it. I use BlueHost. It cost me $72 a year and I used WPBeginner to transfer it from the free site to BlueHost at no charge to me. They handled everything.
- Along with switching to a host site you will need to choose and purchase a domain for your blog. Remember that you can’t use Avon in the domain so just be creative and choose something short and sweet! Make up a unique tag line as well.
- Choose a theme and customize it. You can add your page title, tagline, colors, header image, menus and widgets.
- Add some pages. These are different from “Posts“. Pages are added to your menu and remain constant. You may want to add an “About” page or maybe a page for Avon Coupon Codes. These pages can be edited any time as needed.
- Once your blog is set up it’s time to add some useful plugins. There are SO many out there to choose from. WPBeginner will add what they recommend when they set it up for you but you may want to add some more. You will just have to do the research and decide what you think will be useful to you. Here are some of my favorites;
- Yoast SEO– What I think is the number 1 plugin you need! It tells you exactly what you need to do to optimize your post for the search engines.
- Akismet– Protects your site from Spam comments
- Contextual Related Posts– Adds related posts at the bottom of your post. Love this!
- NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-poster- Automatically posts to your social network platforms.
- Official StatCounter Plugin– Adds StatCounter to your blog dashboard.
- WP Copy Protect– Protects your blog from others right clicking and copying.
You are ready to start blogging! What now? Here are my Tips for Blog Posts.
- The first thing I suggest is start looking at other blogs that share a common interest. This may help you get some ideas of what to blog about. Again, just ideas; whatever you do, don’t copy anyone else’s work. What interests you? What do you think will interest your readers? Make a list and then choose your first topic. It’s time to create your first blog post!
- Pick your title! It should be short and to the point. You will want this title to be your “Focus Keyword(s)” as well. You will want to use your focus keyword(s) throughout your post, but not too many times.
- Always copy your title and use it first as a “Header 1” and throughout the post add sub headers (header 1, 2 etc.). To do this you highlight the phrase and use the drop down menu that says “Paragraph“.
- You want to be sure and use your focus keyword(s) in the first paragraph.
- Be sure to Bold and Italicize not just your focus keyword(s) but all important words and phrases. For instance the word “Avon” should always be in bold and italicized. You do this by highlighting the words and clicking the “B” and the “I“.
- Find ways to link words and phrases to your eStore (like I just did with the word eStore)
- If you added the Yoast SEO plugin, the info will be on the bottom of the page you are creating. I usually wait until I am finished with my post to check it for things I need to do to optimize my post. As you can see in the photo, it is telling me;
- No images appear in this page, consider adding some as appropriate.
- The keyword density is 0.4%, which is a bit low; the focus keyword was found 2 times.
- No links appear in this page, consider adding some as appropriate.
- The focus keyword does not appear in the URL for this page.
To upload photos, click on “Add Media“, “Upload Files” and then “Select Files“. Once you add a photo you will need to edit it. You do this by clicking on it. This menu will pop up;
- Click on the Pencil Icon which will take you to a form where you can edit the photo.
- Type your focus keyword(s) where it says “Alternative Text“.
- Choose alignment and size.
- Drop down the “Link To” menu and select “Custom URL“. This is where you will add a link to your website. Remember, you can now just copy the link to a product page, it is no longer a generic link that will go to a generic Avon site. It will now have your info in the URL. This is the best news I have heard all year!
- Be sure to check “Open link in a new tab“. You do not want to take them away from your blog. This will open a new window.
You have now completed editing your photo. Be sure to do this with ALL photos.
You want to add a meta description. This is what will show in the search engines. You do this by clicking “Edit Snippet” below. You also want to be sure to include your focus keyword(s) in the meta description.
Next, you want to select a category or two for the post to be included in. You will do this on the right by adding categories as you post more. For example, if you are posting about “Avon Luck Perfume Online Special” You may choose categories like Avon Fragrance, Shop Avon Online and Avon Online Specials. Be sure the category is relevant.
Now select meta tags for your post. You can do this in the tag section on the right. You can add as many as you want but again, they must be relevant. For the above sample I would add tags such as; Avon, Avon Fragrance, Shop Avon Online, Buy Avon Fragrance Online, Avon Luck Perfume, Buy Avon Luck Perfume…you get the idea.
Now you can add a “Featured Image“. This is at the bottom right. Choose one of the photos from your post that best represents what your post is about. Click “Set Featured Image” and add the photo. It should already have the Alt Tag in it but click the photo after it is added to check. Do NOT link it to your website. You want it to link to your blog post this time.
Repetitive Post Info
One last thing, put together some text that you can add to the bottom of all of your posts. This will be info on how to join Avon, how to order Avon, links to follow you on social media, contact info etc. Save it in a word document so that you can retrieve it at any time, copy and paste it at the end of your posts. For some ideas, you can look at mine.
I hope these Tips for Blog Posts have been helpful. I still have lots to learn. The best way to learn is just do it! I will add more as I learn more and if I have left anything out. If you have any specific questions, please let me know. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#avonblog #bloggingtips #tipsforblogposts #avonrep #avon #avonrepsanjacinto #avonrephemet #avonhemet #avonsanjacinto #shopavononline #avononline #buyavon #shopavon #buyavononline #buyavonhemet #buyavonsanjacinto #shopavonhemet #shopavonsanjacinto
Learn More About becoming an AVON Independent Sales Representative and Mentor at http://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/opportunity
It takes just 5 minutes to sign up! Fill out a registration form and choose your tools to set up your online business immediately. Just $25 gets you started and makes you an official Avon Independent Sales Representative.
Sign up NOW to Sell AVON at http://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/opportunity/start
Use reference code SPAPAIAN
AVON, THIS IS THE COMPANY that puts mascara on lashes and food on the tables. That fights wrinkles with one hand and Breast Cancer with the other. That knows the value of a perfect lip, but still opens its mouth and speaks out against Domestic Violence and for women’s financial independence. This is the company that not only brings beauty to doors, but also opens them. The company that supports more than 6 million Representatives in over 100 countries. This is Avon. The company that for more than 125 years has stood for beauty, innovation, optimism and above all for women.
Inspired by Avon’s Products and Mission to Empower Women? Why Not Join Our Avon Team?
#avonrep #avon #sellavon #joinavon #joinavonleadership #avonempirebuilders
To shop my e-store, please visit https://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/
There are three ways to Shop Avon Online:
All orders $40 and up will always receive FREE Shipping! Shop Avon online at https://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/ and receive FREE shipping on all orders placed that are $40 or more. All orders under $40, shipping is only $5.95.
Avon Coupon Codes– For the most current Avon Coupon Codes to receive FREE gifts, shipping and discounts with your online purchase, visit http://shirlsglitznglam.com/avon-coupon-codes/
View Avon Brochures Online:
- Avon 2017 Brochures
- mark. 2017 Magalogs
- Avon 2017 Outlet
- Avon 2017 Flyers
- Avon Living 2017
- Avon 2017 What’s New Catalogs
Shirl Papaian Avon Independent Sales Representative
951-805-1017 Fax 951-654-0783
Follow Shirl Papaian & Glitz & Glam on Social Media
- Blog– http://shirlsglitznglam.com/
- Facebook– https://www.facebook.com/ShirlsPlaceBeauty
- Twitter– @AvonShirl
- Pinterest– https://www.pinterest.com/AvonRepShirl/
- Google+- https://plus.google.com/112018532465021743610/posts
- Tumblr– https://www.shirlsglitzglamavon.tumblr.com
- You Tube– https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxpFFj186TwfIsRdiyF0JcQ
- Instagram– https://instagram.com/shirls_glitz_n_glam/
Avon Representative Tips
- Team Shine Recognition
- Ways to Grow Your Avon Business
- Avon What’s New Catalogs
- Your Avon Brochures as a Business Tool
- Create An Avon Facebook Page
- Using Hash Tags
- Avon Advanced Leadership
- Cultivate Your Avon Business
- Avon Representative Earnings Chart
- Tips for Blog Posts
- Current Avon Representative Incentives
- How to Convert Alma Leads
- Avon Flexible Ordering
- Avon’s President’s Club
- Being A Great Avon Mentor
- All Aboard with Onboarding
- New Avon KickStart Program
- Sell and Earn with Avon
My mission is to keep you up to date on all of the new and exciting products and information from Avon and to support and encourage my Team to become successful representatives and leaders. ~ Shirl
Shirl Papaian has been an Avon Representative since September 2014. She sells at the Honor Society Level (over $20,000 annually) and is a Bronze Leader with over 160 team members nationwide.
In 2016 she advanced from Ambassador to Silver Ambassador and to Gold Ambassador through her consistent efforts to grow and mentor her team of Avon Representatives. She also became a DSWA Certified ELITE Leader and completed the Avon Pilot Coaching Program.
Shirl also earned almost $2,000 in Avon bonuses in the “Journey to Gold Incentive” and earned herself a Champion Blender by being #59 out of 400 Avon Ambassadors in the “Ignite Your Avon Torch” incentive. She also won all three awards in the “One Team, One Dream” incentive. Shirl’s 2016 team sales were more than $92,000. Her Team’s sales growth was 365%.
Shirl was awarded on stage at the Annual PC Gala Luncheon for 2016 for #1 in her District for Sales Growth, #4 in Sales Volume, #2 in online sales and earning Honor Society Level. She also was honored with the prestigious Spirit of Avon Award.
In 2017 Shirl earned Level 1 of the Sparkle Like a Boss incentive, $440 in the All Aboard Onboarding incentive. She also earned an Avon Speaker, 2 Avon Notebook Sets, 4 $50 Gift Cards, a $25 Gift Card, a 7-Piece Cookware Set, an Avon Water Bottle, Free registration for RepFest, an Avon Umbrella, a Ninja Coffee Bar and a Luxury Wristlet in the Ticket to Boss Life incentive. She earned her way to an all-expenses paid trip to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas and in the Go Country-Go Big she earned all three levels including a pink cowgirl hat, Go Country, Win Big RepFest VIP Party (Invitation Only) and her Hotel stay at RepFest for FREE! She has earned over $700 in additional leadership bonuses. Most recently she earned the Boss Life Workshop incentive which included business cards and holder and advanced in title to Bronze Leader.
My Avon Story
I am born and raised in Southern California. I grew up in Anaheim, CA, spent 13 years in the mountains of Idyllwild and then eventually moved to the Hemet/San Jacinto Valley where I now reside. I began working at the age 0f 15 but I have actually only had a handful of jobs in my lifetime; Fast food manager, extruder operator, restaurant owner, fire fighter and now district manager for a private fire prevention company and media/ marketing for an off road racing company. I also own a home based computer service/repair company and an off road media/marketing company. I hold an AS degree in Fire Science from Mt San Jacinto College where I graduated with honors of distinction.
I decided to become an Avon Representative in 2014. My daughter had signed up and my sister-in-law as well. My sister-in-law joined for the discount on her own purchases and my daughter gave it up after a while; she found she didn’t have the time she wanted to devote to it while raising two toddlers.
I had always thought about becoming an Avon Rep, but it was always just a thought. I remember my mom buying Avon when I was very young and was always mesmerized at all the products and how the Avon lady always looked so beautiful and polished. Of course I loved the lipstick bullets!
My daughter’s upline and mutual friend, Leslie Reid, was always sharing Avon deals and the opportunity on Facebook. One day she posted about joining her team and becoming an Avon Rep; I just decided right then and there to do it. I had no plan or specific reason. As I started selling, I realized that I was actually having fun and felt accomplished at how well I was doing. I decided I wanted to get serious and actually be successful!
For the remainder of that first year I concentrated on learning as much as I could about the business; learning most everything on my own. Then in 2015 I devoted every extra dollar and minute I had to my Avon Business. I grew my customer base slowly but surely and over time my customer base and sales consistently increased. I even started my leadership journey at the encouragement of Emily Seagren who was Leslie’s upline.
I studied and learned everything I could from Emily and through her’s and Leslie’s mentorship I am where I am today. In January of 2017 the opportunity to purchase Leslie’s Avon team was presented to me. Not one to pass up a great offer I took it! Emily Seagren is now my upline, my team has almost doubled and I am now a Gold Ambassador; Team Shine is thriving!
My goals for 2017 are to ear the title of “Gold Leader” and make “Honor Society” again in 2017. My long term goal is to retire and Avon continue to be my major source of income. I hope to accomplish this in the next 5 years.
To join this amazing team of Avon Representatives please visit http://spapaian.avonrepresentative.com/opportunity/start. Be sure if prompted to use reference code SPAPAIAN.